National Nursing Home Week runs from May 8-14 and is themed “Creating and Nurturing Connections”.
The following Maryville senior residences have prepared fun activities for residents and their families.
• Sunday, May 8, Mother’s Day and National “Have a Coke Day”.
• Monday, May 9, Connect with nature.
• Tuesday 10 May, Music and Games.
• Wednesday, May 11, National Third Shift Workers Day.
• Thursday 12 May, Chocolate Day and Limerick Day.
• Friday, May 13, Apple Pie Day and have fun with staff and residents.
Maryville Living Center and the Castle
• Monday, May 9, “Tractors and fun” including a tractor show, a tractor makes ice cream by Ron Sobotka and other outdoor entertainment with Jennifer Murphy and Sheri Roush.
• Tuesday, May 10, “Just Another Day in Paradise” featuring a Hawaiian luau, shell necklaces, tiki bar for fruit and punch, and photo booth props with Kelly Grady and Kim Baldwin.
• Wednesday May 11, Leonardo da Vinci with a demonstration of artistic know-how, art exhibition and grapes, cheeses and wine with Kim Bram and Linda Jenkins.
• Thursday, May 12, “A Cardinal Appears When an Angel Is Near,” featuring a garden flag memorial, reception for residents and staff, and honoring those lost with Miranda Spurgin and Autumn Burns.
• Friday, May 13, a barbecue with hamburgers and hot dogs by Brian Matthews and Bill Kavanaugh.
Village care center
• Monday May 9, Crazy Hair/Crazy Sock Day.
• Tuesday May 10, Western Day.
• Wednesday May 11, Hawaiian Day.
• Thursday 12 May, 50s party.
• Friday 13 May, Sports Day.
Nodaway Retirement Home
• Monday, May 9, Wear your pajamas.
• Tuesday 10 May, Decades Day.
• Wednesday May 11, Camo/Cowboy Day.
• Thursday May 12, fluo/tie-dye day
• Friday, May 13, company sweater day.
Other daily activities include:
• Monday, 10 am, proclamation reading by the Mayor of Maryville. Coffee and donuts to follow, and at 2:30 p.m. balloon release for loved ones lost over the past year with prayer.
• Tuesday, 10 a.m., auto show and 2:30 p.m., Bingo.
• Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. rope/washers and 2:30 p.m., “agricultural exhibition”.
• Thursday, 10 a.m., family and friends connect with Aseracare, and 2:30 p.m., tie-dye craft and brownies.
• Friday, 10:30 a.m., pizza toss and 2:30 p.m., happy hour.